According to the World Health Organisation acupuncture has been shown to be effective in the treatment of a wide variety of health problems including*:
• Allergic rhinitis (hay fever) • Depression • Period problems & PCOS
• Hypertension/Hypotension • Menopausal problems • Tension headaches
• Migraine • Sciatica • Chronic back pain • Tennis elbow • Frozen Shoulder
• Stress • Anxiety • Digestive problems • Bowel and bladder problems
• Insomnia • Arthritis • Infertility and IVF Support
... And many more
Traditionally acupuncture was used as a tool for promoting good health. The practitioner would assess a person's constitutional imbalance based on their colour, sound, odour, emotion, pulses and tongue, and treat them accordingly. Rather than waiting to become ill before seeking treatment people would have regular treatments to prevent them becoming unwell. If you’re looking to live a healthier and more energetic lifestyle acupuncture could support you in that.
*Source: World Health Organisation fact sheet on Acupuncture.